39th Annual Meeting of the Friends of SCPA
Please join us for the 39th Annual Meeting of the Friends of SCPA on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012. The meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the Mayerson Theatre. All members (Alumni, Current Students, Parents of Current Students & Donors) are encouraged to attend.
Latest Friends of SCPA News
Here are just a few highlights and exciting recent developments at SCPA.
are so proud of the students and faculty, and we are honored to support their
- The Friends of SCPA are proud to recognize the generous grant for Brigadoon from Artswave.
- Six SCPA orchestra students and five SCPA piano students were invited by the First Lady to the White House to perform and participate in Music Day, November 2009.
- SCPA visual arts students won scholarships to the finest art colleges in the country, including Maryland Institute College of Art, Savannah College of Art and Design, Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, and Columbus College of Art and Design.
- Two SCPA students won Best of High School Awards in the 2010 National Hyde Park Art Show.
- The SCPA Chamber Orchestra received the top rating in the state at the 2010 Ohio Music Educators State Orchestra Competition.
- The SCPA Creative Writing Department was awarded the superior rating for their 2010 literary magazine, Pandora's Backpages. This top rating was awarded to only 6 schools in Ohio.
- A former SCPA dance student was chosen for the lead role in Billy Elliot on Broadway.
- Two SCPA dance students received scholarships to the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre School Summer Program.
- An SCPA drama student was a finalist in the English-Speaking Union National Shakespeare Competition.
- An SCPA student playwright had her award-winning play performed by the SCPA Drama Ensemble.
- Two SCPA technical theatre students received full scholarships to top-tier college theatre programs.
Mayerson Foundation - Artistic Excellence Program
This is a compilation of examples of the Artistic Excellence Program in 2012.